Samsung Air Source Heat Pump
Air-to-water type heat pump extracts heat from the air and delivers it to the water in the heating and hot water system. They can provide the heating and hot water even in very cold climate conditions.
Heat from the air is absorbed at low temperature into a fluid. This fluid then passes through a compressor where its temperature is increased, and transfers its higher temperature heat to the heating and hot water circuits of the house.
An air-to-water system distributes heat through your existing or new wet central heating system. Heat pumps work much more efficiently at a lower temperature than a standard boiler system would. This makes them more suitable for underfloor heating systems or larger radiators, which give out heat at lower temperatures over longer periods of time.
The benefits of air source heat pumps
- Compatible with all low temp. system
- High seasonal energy efficiency
- Up to 55°C water supply
- Easy to install – Easy to control
- Operation Range down to -25°C
- Higher capacity at low ambient temperature
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- Income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)